Always struggled with problem solving, planning ahead, organizing? This is a must-listen episode for you. We speak with Jan Johnston-Tyler about how to organize your day, play to your strengths, and be more productive.
Talk about an archeological deep dive.
- How to sort and organize your thoughts.
- A mindful habit to find your keys every time.
- How distraction and “multi-tasking” can lead to aggravation, anxiety, and time loss.
- The best time to take in information and the best time to write or produce information.
- Put yourself in environments that will add to your success.
- Why you may find better flow later in the day.
- How to figure out if you have a strong working memory and what that means for you.
- What it means when your eyes look up and to the left.
- Hyper-focusing vs. multitasking.
- Play to your strengths, and how to scaffold your weaknesses.
- Why it’s important to do a mental walkthrough of your calendar.
- How to set aside time for the important but not urgent items on your list.
- Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy
- The Power of Full Engagement
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Leave us a message!
- Free Productivity Workshop
Book, tool, frog
Book: Reality is Broken
Tool: Color coordinated calendar
Frog: finding time for rest and relaxation
Connect with Jan
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Do You Want To Get Unstuck and Have More Time in Your Day?
Take this productivity quiz that has helped over 13,129 people get unstuck and create more time in their days. Don't let life be harder than it has to be.