Marc & Angel used their own personal life experiences to start a personal development blog that has blossomed in a few short years. In this episode, we dive into the method of self inquiry that has helped them reverse negative thoughts, become more aware and present in the moment, and increased productivity and happiness for them and the thousands of people they have coached.
- The strategies that helped get Marc and Angel out of a dark place
- How they turned a difficult situation into a fresh start
- How to use the tool of “self inquiry”
- What to do when you are feeling negative and not good enough
- Why you need to do a raw brain dump first and then inspect your thoughts later
- How to reverse some of your thoughts on yourself
- Monthly goals and how they allow you to open your focus up
- Why there’s no instant way to get rid of negative thinking
- Proven ways to raise your happiness and release anxiety in 5 minutes or less
- Their definition of mindfulness
Questions for Self Inquiry
- Is it true, and can it be proven?
- When I think this thought, how do I feel? How do I treat others?
- Who would I be without this thought? How would I feel? How would I treat others?
Book, tool, ritual
Book: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Tool: The practice of self inquiry
Ritual: Morning meditation, gratitude journal
Connect with Marc & Angel:
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.