This episode will give you a foundational framework for using Keyboard Maestro, powerful system automation software for Mac OS X. Give it a listen before you start using Keyboard Maestro to learn the best ways to implement it and a few tips and tricks to help you identify what you should automate.
- Why Keyboard Maestro is so powerful and you should be using it on your Mac
- The differences between TextExpander, Hazel, and Keyboard Maestro (and when to use each one)
- How Keyboard Maestro’s triggers work and what you can do with them
- Some of the more obscure triggers in Keyboard Maestro (including how to use a MIDI keyboard to launch macros)
- Specific examples of how Mike and Thanh use Keyboard Maestro to be #AsianEfficient
- Tips to help you accelerate the learning curve get started with Keyboard Maestro
- Why you should start out simple with just one or two macros and evolve from there
- How to recognize what you need to automate using the “3 Times Rule”
- How you can record macros inside of Keyboard Maestro without knowing ANY code
- Keyboard Maestro
- Save Time with Expert-Level TextExpander Snippets
- Bartender (Mac app)
- A Comprehensive Guide to Keyboard Maestro
- A Useful Caps Lock Key by Brett Terpstra
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Do You Want To Get Unstuck and Have More Time in Your Day?
Take this productivity quiz that has helped over 13,129 people get unstuck and create more time in their days. Don't let life be harder than it has to be.