Zack chats with Mark Silverman, a business and life coach who specializes in energy management. He has had a personal journey with learning how to create priorities and get things done, and he shares what he has learned with his clients and in his book, Only 10s. Listen in to learn how to manage your focus, say no more, and live a more productive life.
- Mark’s remarkable journey after being diagnosed with ADD
- The benefits of energy management vs. time management
- The real reason you need to be all-in to get a project completed
- The three lists that Mark uses to maintain balance and focus in his life
- Why the Getting Things Done method didn’t work for him (and what he did about it)
- How to say “no” and have hard conversations with projects that are not a priority
- Why he looks in the past to see what things are a 10 for him and how that orders his priorities for the future
- How busyness can be laziness and what you can do to identify “false 10s”
- The process Mark uses to help people prioritize and figure out their 10s
Book, tool, ritual
- A physical journal
- Slowing down – asking myself a question, don’t say yes to anything before I check in with myself
- Healthy food
Connect with Mark Silverman
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.