Asian Efficiency team members Zack, Mike, and Thanh discuss New Year’s Resolutions – why people make them, and why most people fail at accomplishing them. Mike details how he sets goals for the year, while Thanh and Zack talk about why they don’t make New Year’s Resolutions.
- The real reason why 88% of New Years Resolutions fail
- Why Zack and Thanh don’t make New Year’s Resolutions
- How Mike uses written goals to make sure other things don’t steal his time and attention
- The yearly journal entry that Zack writes as his future self to track his personal progress
- Why you need to be specific when making resolutions
- How planning changes when you have dependents
- How the “perfect day” exercise can keep you on track
- How you can reach a New Year’s Resolution goal in less than 30 days
- Why willpower is not sustainable and what you can do about it
- Neuyear calendar
- Tedx Talk on parenting Scrum
- TPS Couples Goal Setting episode
- TPS Calendars episode
- TPS Jeff Sanders episode
- The Eisenhower Box
- Free Rituals webinar (space is limited)
- Rituals course
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
How Productive Are You?
Take our Productivity Quiz to find out. Learn the tactics and techniques that will work for you.