Today we dive into the science of the brain, how to keep it healthy, and what you can do to make your brain more focused, alert, and productive. Dr. Andrew Hill, PhD is the Lead Neuroscientist at truBrain and founder of Peak Brain, and he discusses how your brain needs to be exercised, what foods and supplements support brain health, and the power of meditation.
- All about Dr. Andrew Hill’s work at the intersection of mind and brain
- What peak performance really means and how to achieve it
- Why our ability to enhance plasticity in our brains is much broader than any of us know and how to do it effectively
- The personal story of how Dr. Hill got interested in brains and science of the mind
- Why our brain needs to be exercised and how to do it
- How we can actually optimize our brains to perform better
- How you can play to your strengths and change how your brain actually functions
- How to optimize your brain with sleep hacking and mindfulness practices
- The many benefits of meditation and how it can improve your memory and other brain functions
- Insights into what the research Dr. Hill has been doing on brain waves tells us about the mind
- How you can locate someone simply by reading their brain waves
- How neuro-feedback works and why the strategy is successful
- Why forehead training is the least reliable way to train your brain
- Dr. Andrew Hill’s take on the “meditation” bands and other brain bands
- How diet effects cognition and why low carb is brain-healthy
- Why coffee is healthy for your brain
- truBrain.com (listen to the episode for the 25% discount code!)
- PeakBrainInstitute.com (psst…there’s another 25%-off code in the episode for Peak Brain)
- TPS51: Executive Thinking w/ Jan Johnston-Tyler
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
- Dr. Andrew Hill’s simple meditation practice
- Headspace app
- Labdoor – compare the best supplements online
Book, tool, ritual
Ritual: Ashtanga yoga practice
Connect with Dr. Andrew Hill
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
How Productive Are You?
Take our Productivity Quiz to find out. Learn the tactics and techniques that will work for you.