Technology is a huge part of our modern-day lives, and it’s easy to forget that technology was meant to serve us and make our lives easier, not the other way around. Today we talk with Rick Stawarz about how to make technology work for us, not get in the way, and automate tasks we don’t want to do. We also chat about technology and children, and the decisions we make about technology in our lives.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send these updates.
- The origin story of Rick’s business, Appinstructor
- What his time working at the Apple store taught him about tech support and how it led to him starting his own consulting business
- How Rick teaches people to solve technology problems for themselves and why he finds it so personally fulfilling
- How to embrace the proper role of technology in your life and make it work for you
- Examples of ways that technology can enhance our lives (as well as some negative ways it can impact us if we’re not careful)
- How you can figure out what technology-based use cases can be valuable and time-saving for you
- Recommended tools for automating email tasks
- How to use Slack effectively as a middle world between email and text messaging
- How to safely implement technology with a family and kids (and tools you can use to establish boundaries and safe zones within your home)
- How technology (when used correctly) can help accelerate your goal achievement
- TPS47: 13 Productive Parenting Hacks
- TPS34: Developing an IT Mindset w/ Scotty Loveless
- Google Inbox
Receive Escape Your Email Updates
Book, tool, ritual
Book: The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
Tool: Curbi, parental controls for mobile devices
Ritual: Not using an iPhone as an alarm clock, keeping all technology out of the bedroom at night.
Connect with Rick Stawarz
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.