Mike and Thanh break down their productivity predictions for 2017, and discuss how the future of inboxes, notifications, and the Internet of Things will take shape over the next year.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Why the term “productivity” is such a buzzword and a brief look back at the history of the productivity industry
- How productivity has changed in the last decade and what it will look like going forward
- Why cross-platform solutions will be so important in 2017 (and beyond)
- What you should look for when choosing a task manager
- How the way you monitor inboxes (and which ones) will change in the future
- Why hacking email for task management is not a good approach
- How to deal with and tame all the different notifications you get
- Why people tend to become overcommitted with their time
- Why email is so inefficient when it comes to collaboration and what tools you should use instead
- How lifestyle productivity will become more important as we become more connected
- How the future will feature overwhelming options and what criteria to use when you decide what tools you’re going to use
8 Productivity Predictions
- Cross-platform solutions will become even more important
- More inboxes to monitor the more we move online
- Non-traditional approaches to email as people try to hack it to make it more manageable
- Information (and notification) overload with the rise of connected wearables
- More business, but less effectiveness
- Increased use of instant messaging (i.e. HipChat or Slack)
- Breakthrough in the Internet of Things (IoT)
- More opportunities to be distracted by “shiny new objects”
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Do You Want To Get Unstuck and Have More Time in Your Day?
Take this productivity quiz that has helped over 13,129 people get unstuck and create more time in their days. Don't let life be harder than it has to be.