We welcome new Asian Efficiency team member Brooks Duncan on the show to chat with Mike about solutions to common corporate productivity problems. If you work for an organization and are trying to make productivity systems work for you in a corporate environment, this episode will help with ideas about meetings, distractions, email, and more.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- What Brooks learned about being productive while working for a company with thousands of employees
- Essential tips for dealing with and overcoming corporate working environments that aren’t conducive to productivity
- Strategies for getting deep work done in open office environments
- The pros and cons of coworkers “dropping by”
- What to do when you have too many meetings to attend and can’t get any work done
- Strategies for running a productive meeting
- How to create company knowledge and documentation that is accessible to everyone
- How to overcome a corporate email culture and take control of your email
- The real cost of reply-alls and BCCs
- How to maintain your own productivity when other people are telling you what to do
- What to do when you find yourself dealing with constant distractions and interruptions
- Why searching for email is actually faster than archiving messages in specific folders (and how to do it effectively)
- Tips for getting out of your email as much as you can
- Ways to influence the priorities within your company (even if you’re not the boss)
- How to Run Effective Meetings w/ John Poelstra (TPS87)
- How to Get Things Done at Coffee Shops and Cafes Like You Would at the Office
- Going Paperless w/ Brooks Duncan (TPS7)
- Getting Things Done
- 4-Hour Workweek
- 3 Things You need to Maximize Your Productivity (TPS121)
- The Productivity Project
- Deep Work
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.