Mike is joined by his wife Rachel share her perspective on the topic of core values and vision. They share the process they followed to created a vision and set of core values for themselves and their family, and they discuss how they came to their values as well as 10 handy tips for identifying and implementing them.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Our five core values as a family, starting with #1: Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength [5:22]
- Core value #2: Give selflessly by finding the need and meeting it [7:53]
- Core value #3: Lead courageously and always stand for the truth [12:13]
- Core value #4: Impact the culture and leave your own legacy [14:05]
- Using Bitsbox to teach kids how to code [18:21]
- Core value #5: Determine to be different and don’t settle for average [21:30]
- Why even implement family core values in the first place [22:51]
- 10 Practical tips to help you identify and implement your vision and core values [27:56]
- #1: Play to each others’ strengths [28:14]
- #2: Have a weekly family meeting [32:35]
- #3: Establish rituals and routines [35:14]
- #4: Pay attention to teachable moments [37:35]
- #5: Capture ideas or issues that you need to discuss in a shared list or task manager [41:20]
- #6: Practice gratitude [44:50]
- #7: Put each other first [48:11]
- #8: Meal planning [51:44]
- #9: Don’t disagree in front of your children [53:41]
- #10: Be transparent, real and genuine [55:53]
- How to Discover Your Own Core Values (TPS126)
- TED Talk by Homeschooler Logan LaPlante
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
How Productive Are You?
Take our Productivity Quiz to find out. Learn the tactics and techniques that will work for you.