Many people make New Year’s resolutions and have grandiose plans for the year, but often fail to follow through and execute on them. In this episode, 12 Week Year 2.0 module creator and Dojo member Brandon Wentland shares how to overcome these common problem by implementing The 12 Week Year method effectively. He shares his experience and how he implemented the 12 Week Year method successfully at both a personal and professional level. We cover the concept of intentional imbalance, the importance of a strong vision, and the power of habits to help you overcome resistance and take massive action on your goals. If you’ve ever felt stuck or been frustrated by your own lack of action, you definitely want to check out this episode as it will help you break out of the status quo and create the life you’ve always dreamed of.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Brandon’s personal productivity journey [1:49]
- The problems with traditional planning and how the 12 Week Year solves them [3:00]
- How using the 12 Week Year framework provides flexibility to help you reach your goals [6:58]
- The importance of vision and breaking down your goals so it’s really easy to take action on them [9:16]
- Why planning for the entire year is not effective and New Year’s resolutions don’t work [11:34]
- How to set up your 12 week sprint so success is inevitable [17:03]
- Tips on how to select your objectives during your 12 Week Year planning [20:10]
- How to take massive action on your goals once you have your objectives [22:25]
- How to craft a vision statement that inspires action and creates motivation [27:05]
- Integrating the 12 Week Year with the Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology [29:34]
- Why writing down your goals creates motivation to follow through and achieve them [33:15]
- How to put your time for 12 Week Year actions on your calendar [36:47]
- The importance of creating time to recharge, focus, and do admin tasks [41:13]
- Why accountability is important and how to use it for the 12 week year [44:03]
- Why and how consistent execution is the key to achieving your goals [51:02]
- What to do when you’re burnt out (and how to avoid this in the first place) [53:15]
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t (Rockefeller Habits 2.0)
- Procrastinate on Purpose Deluxe: 5 Permissions to Multiply Your Time
- Compact calendar
- 8,760 Hours ebook
- Focus app
- Fast Company: Change or Die
Connect with Brandon Wentland
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
How Productive Are You?
Take our Productivity Quiz to find out. Learn the tactics and techniques that will work for you.