Ever wish you had more time? Then this special episode about how to find, hire, and make productive use of executive assistants is for you. Thanh Pham is joined by Charles Ngo, an expert who has hired and worked with executive assistants for many years. Charles is actually the person responsible for Thanh recently hiring his first executive assistant, and in this special 2 hour mega-episode they discuss why you should get one, how having an executive assistant can help you multiply your time, best practices for getting started, things to watch out for, and much, much more. If you’ve ever thought about working with an assistant, you don’t want to miss this jam-packed episode.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Why you should hire an executive assistant [1:41]
- Why Thanh initially resisted getting an executive assistant and what finally convinced him [4:47]
- The many residual benefits that come with having an executive assistant brings you besides just saving you time [7:17]
- How executive assistants help protect you against decision fatigue [9:12]
- How to identify when you need an executive assistant and why it may not for everyone [18:12]
- How having an executive assistant is like using a jetpack in terms of your productivity [23:33]
- How to overcome perfectionism and learn to delegate your tasks [24:59]
- Charles’s story of how he found the perfect executive assistant and the lessons he learned from the process [27:39]
- How hiring is a hard skill that will take time to learn (and how you can shortcut the process) [35:57]
- The things you should look for when choosing your executive assistant [40:14]
- How to use personality tests in your hiring process (and what red flags to look for) [44:19]
- The difference between a personal assistant, a virtual assistant, and an executive assistant [54:45]
- Examples of things that Charles’s and Thanh’s executive assistants do frequently and the time it save them [1:00:45]
- How to use your values and anti-values to make sure your assistant is a good fit for you [1:12:55]
- How to overcome the obstacles inherent in sharing your personal or sensitive information with your executive assistant [1:21:33]
- How to teach and communicate your decision making guidelines to your executive assistant [1:26:50]
- How to give good instructions to an executive assistant so that the job gets done correctly [1:33:24]
- Recommended technology tools to use for working with your executive assistant [1:40:43]
- How to get started with an executive assistant [1:52:19]
- Actionable steps you can take to decide if an executive assistant is right for you [2:04:32]
- 3 Keys to Using the 80/20 Rule in Your Business for Exponential Growth (TPS119)
- How to Be an Imperfectionist: The New Way to Self-Acceptance, Fearless Living, and Freedom from Perfectionism
- Kolbe test
- DISC test
- Wealth Dynamics test
- Mastering the Rockefeller Habits
- Deep Work
- How to Discover Your Own Core Values (TPS126)
- TPS78: Live a Minimalist Luxury Lifestyle w/ Thanh Pham
- JamesClear.com: The Value of Time: How Much is Your Time Really Worth?
Connect with Charles
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
How Productive Are You?
Take our Productivity Quiz to find out. Learn the tactics and techniques that will work for you.