Traveling can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. In this episode, Mike is joined by Dojo member Kevin Clack to talk about how to make your next trip a breeze. Kevin’s job requires both domestic and international travel and in this episode he shares several of the things that he’s learned over the years to make travel less stressful. We talk about some of the different apps you should use if you travel regularly (including a trick to tie w specific apps together and increase functionality at a fraction of the cost), some of the things you can do ahead of time to make travel easier, and even what kinds of bags you should consider and how to pack them. Even if you only travel occasionally, there’s a lot of tips in this episode to make your next trip more enjoyable.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Who Kevin is and why he travels so much [1:14]
- Recommended apps for travel [3:39]
- How to make App in the Air and TripIt work together [9:25]
- The pros and cons of TSA PreCheck and Global Entry [13:13]
- Packing recommendations and what suitcases you should use [18:20]
- Why you should invest in packing cubes and the best way to use them [22:43]
- A strategy for not taking a checked bag and what backpacks are best for flying [27:51]
- Recommended credit cards that offer amazing travel perks [36:47]
- Why using credit cards for travel can be a great guard against fraud [45:41]
- A checklist of things you need to think about when you travel [47:54]
- Kevin’s workflow for making sure he has data when traveling abroad [54:28]
- App in the Air
- Samsonite hard top
- Ricardo suitcases
- Away suitcase
- The Mad Fientist
- SpacePak packing cubes
- AmazonBasics packing cubes
- Bagail packing cubes
- The Wirecutter
- Incase EO backpack
- Tom Bihn
- Chase Sapphire Preferred or Reserve
- American Express Platinum card
- The Points Guy
- Travel Miles 101
- Bose QC 35 headphones
Connect with Kevin Clack
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Do You Want To Get Unstuck and Have More Time in Your Day?
Take this productivity quiz that has helped over 13,129 people get unstuck and create more time in their days. Don't let life be harder than it has to be.