Rudy Marsh joins us to talk about procrastination, the pomodoro method, and goal achievement. Rudy is the founder of the Esington company and creator of the Esington Glass, a beautiful Pomodoro timer that you can use to help you overcome procrastination and take action on your goals. Rudy grew up in a multi-ethnic family in North Texas and studied physics at the University of Texas at Dallas. Rudy joins us to talk about how he created the Esington Glass to help him in his own battle with procrastination, and he shares why he created the Esington Method to help make the Pomodoro Method stick in his own life.
In 2014, he introduced the Esington Glass that the Esington Method is based up to the world on Kickstarter, raising nearly $200,000 and backed by over 2,200 people. We share some of the lessons he’s learned from launching a successful Kickstarter campaign, and why Mike personally believes the Esington Timer is Pomodoro 2.0.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Who Rudy is and the story behind the development of the Esington Glass [1:28]
- The importance of developing a keystone habit [4:37]
- The core idea behind the Pomodoro method and why it is so effective [6:28]
- Why the soft stop of the Esington timer helps you keep going if you’re in flow and get more done [13:18]
- How a flow state works and why you should try to get there as fast as possible [19:13]
- Lessons Rudy learned from putting together a successful Kickstarter campaign [23:47]
- True stories from Esington Glass users [27:29]
- What’s next for the Esington Company [30:54]
- Esington Timer
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- TPS78: Live a Minimalist Luxury Lifestyle w/ Thanh Pham
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World
Connect with Rudy Marsh
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Do You Want To Get Unstuck and Have More Time in Your Day?
Take this productivity quiz that has helped over 13,129 people get unstuck and create more time in their days. Don't let life be harder than it has to be.