Have you ever considered hiring an assistant to help you? Today we are talking to an expert on finding and hiring assistants, Tim Francis. Tim has hired more than one hundred assistants so he knows a thing or two about the topic. In this episode, you’ll learn how to know when you’re ready for your first assistant, which traits an assistant absolutely must have, how much you should pay your assistant, and the exact step-by-step process to follow when hiring your first assistant.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- 3 Quick Tips for delegating [1:55]
- What prevents people from getting an executive assistant [7:07]
- Common mistakes people make when they get their first assistant [9:25]
- The moment that changed Tim’s life forever [14:29]
- When is the right time to hire your first assistant [22:32]
- Culture differences of hiring assistant abroad [36:15]
- Things to look for in an executive assistant [41:58]
- How KOLBE scores can help find the right assistant for you [46:13]
- Why income level is not very helpful when deciding whether or not it is time for an assistant [50:44]
- How having an assistant can also free up time for your personal life, not just your business [58:43]
- The things you should look to delegate first [1:04:08]
- Tips for handing off your email inbox to an assistant [1:15:03]
- How to master delegation [1:25:28]
- How to delegate everything from small tasks to large events [1:42:33]
- Creating decision-making guidelines so that your executive assistant can make decisions without you [1:48:52]
- How to use an assistant to drive automation for all parts of your business [1:57:14]
- The technology used to delegate to assistants [2:11:11]
- The CEO’s Secret to Productivity: An Executive Assistant (TPS143)
- 5 Ways to Apply the 80/20 Rule To Free Up 2+ Hours A Week (TPS118)
- 3 Keys to Using the 80/20 Rule in Your Business for Exponential Growth (TPS119)
- Put Your Dream to the Test: 10 Questions to Help You See It and Seize It
- 30 Lessons for Living: Tried and True Advice from the Wisest Americans
- 3 Simple Steps To Delegating Work The Right Way So You Don’t Have to Worry About It (TPS182)
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love
Connect with Tim Francis
- 360 Delegation
- 100 Tasks to delegate
- How to Organize Procedures
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
How Productive Are You?
Take our Productivity Quiz to find out. Learn the tactics and techniques that will work for you.