One of the best ways to improve your productivity is to get around other productive people who can help you see your blind spots and share what really works. And that’s exactly what facilitated last November for some of our best customers when we invited them to come to Austin, TX for the Asian Efficiency mastermind.
In this episode, Thanh and Mike go behind the scenes and share the Asian Efficiency perspective on masterminhds. We share how we put together a successful mastermind meeting, including how we made sure that the right people were there, the process we used that helped attendees get the results they were looking for, why asking the right questions is so important, and how you can apply these questions and frameworks right now even if you aren’t currently connected to a mastermind group. If you want to know how you can start achieving next-level results by finding the right people and asking the right questions, then this episode is for you.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- #askTPS: How do you take notes while listening to podcasts and audiobooks? [2:21]
- How Thanh and the team put together the AE mastermind that they hosted last year [10:38]
- How the mastermind was set up and how it works [20:21]
- Why deciding the ideal outcome before attending a mastermind will help you reach your goals [26:10]
- Why a lot of the value of a mastermind comes from listening to other people’s problems [29:28]
- Why many people already know what they need to do, but they need a gentle nudge to help them do it [34:56]
- The reason why no one can see their own blind spots, and why diversity is important [39:00]
- Why asking a group of people who aren’t your family or friends will help you get better answers [46:17]
- Questions you should ask in your mastermind [51:39]
- How to run a “hot seat” session [56:50]
- What the ICE Matrix is and how you can use it to help your productivity (even if you can’t attend a mastermind) [59:19]
- Lessons Thanh learned from hosting the mastermind [1:09:16]
- Drafts app
- 6 Ways a Mastermind Can Accelerate Your Success w/ Nate Lowrie (TPS178)
- Think and Grow Rich
- How to Overcome Academic Challenges with Productivity Tools w/ Eric Benchimol & Richard Keijzer (TPS186)
- Corporate Executive and Mother of Two Kids Reveals How She Balances Her Life
- Thinking Time: the Counterintuitive Approach to Growth (TPS162)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.