A lot of people dream of working remotely. They picture themselves checking email occasionally from the beach or working a couple hours a day when it’s convenient for them. But anyone who works on a remote team knows there’s much more to it than that. Sure remote work gives you freedom and autonomy, but working with team members who are halfway around the world has its fair share of challenges. In this episode, we talk about how we’ve managed to build a successful remote team here at Asian Efficiency, and share the real secret that makes it all work for us.
Thanks to Slack for supporting The Productivity Show. Slack: Where work happens. Go to http://slack.com to learn more.
Thanks to Stamps.com for supporting The Productivity Show. Use the code TPS to get a 4-week trial offer by going to http://Stamps.com.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- How to figure out how to communicate as a remote team [3:15]
- Ways to make meetings work when your team is remote and people are working in different time zones [9:15]
- How to get everyone’s buy-in on your team when deciding how and when your team members work [17:05]
- The language and cultural barriers when hiring team members from different countries [20:52]
- How to track performance when you have a remote team [23:35]
- How to address the lack of trust you might have with people you don’t interact with often in-person [29:14]
- What you learn from getting together in-person as a remote team [39:52]
- Why there’s a boost in productivity after an in-person meet up [47:36]
- The Importance of thanking team members and building trust with each other [56:18]
- 6 Tips for Running More Effective Meetings (TPS195)
- Our 3 Biggest Challenges of Implementing Scrum & How We Overcame Them (TPS191)
- A Professional Scrum Master’s Best Advice for a Productive Team w/ Lucas Smith (TPS189)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.