Asian Efficiency Trademark Guidelines
Asian Efficiency® is a system, methodology, philosophy, technique and way to help individuals and companies improve their personal productivity, usage of personal technology and time management. We recognise that there is a community of customers, readers, users and others who are an important part of what we teach, and that people do need to refer to and link to Asian Efficiency and our products and services on occasion.
These guidelines are designed to help identify our products and services with our trademarks, which may consist of names, logos, words, characters and colours. We consider all these trade dress and marks to be valuable assets and our intellectual property. In order to protect our interests in these marks and trade dress we are legally obligated to ensure that they are used properly by us and by others involved in the community.
To ensure that there is never any confusion about our products and services, or our relationship with customers, readers, developers, partners and other members of the Asian Efficiency ecosystem, we have put together the following Guidelines.
Using the trade dress and marks in the ways described below will allow you to avoid negotiating agreements with Asian Efficiency Limited and its lawyers, or receiving a request to change an inappropriate use. You must receive explicit written permission from Asian Efficiency Limited to use our marks in any way not described in these Guidelines and your use is subject to your agreement to be legally bound by these Guidelines, including the terms of our trademark licence provided below.
If you have any question regarding a proposed usage of our marks or to request permission for a certain use, please contact us at legal [at] asianefficiency [dot] com.
Naming your Application or Product; Applying for a Domain
In order to avoid confusion about the creator of the offering, please use the following naming guidelines for your product/service/domain:
- Name your website, product, or application with something unique, that satisfies the other Guidelines.
You may not:
- Use Asian Efficiency®, Asian Efficiency Premium®, the A+E Logo® or any other trade dress or trademark in the name of your website or application (“Application X for Asian Efficiency” is not acceptable).
- Use a portion of an Asian Efficiency mark, image or text, as part of your product, website or application name.
- Register a domain containing Asian Efficiency, Asian Efficiency Premium or AE Premium (or any misspellings).
- Apply for a trademark with a name including Asian Efficiency.
- Use or make derivative use of Asian Efficiency trademark icons (see definition below). Examples of derivative iconography would include:
- the A+E logo.
- the Asian Efficiency Premium logo.
- any Asian Efficiency Premium product logos.
Visual Design of Your Website, Application and Related graphics and iconography
- Design your site with unique branding and logos, which satisfy the other Guidelines.
- Clearly distinguish any Asian Efficiency marks, including any link to any Asian Efficiency web site, from the content on your site.
You may not:
- Copy the Asian Efficiency look and feel of any Asian Efficiency web site (including the use of our distinct colour combinations, graphic designs or typography) or create any altered, distorted or interpreted representation of any of the Asian Efficiency marks or dress, as this can create confusion amongst our users and customers.
- Feature any Asian Efficiency trademarks in a manner that is more prominent than the names and trademarks identifying your business, product or service.
Writing a Book or Other Written Work about Asian Efficiency
- Refer to Asian Efficiency as an adjective (“the Asian Efficiency way”) or a noun (“Asian Efficiency Limited”). You may not use “Asian Efficiency” as a verb, or in the plural or possessive form.
- You may refer to Asian Efficiency in generic terms (e.g., mention Asian Efficiency on a website or your Facebook Timeline).
You may not:
- Use a confusing book or report or other title which might imply that your work is endorsed by or written by us.
- Without prior signed and documented approval, you may not write a book about Asian Efficiency methodologies, systems, techniques or otherwise.
- Use our logos or the A+E Logo® on your cover or in your title. This might be confusing and imply that the book or work is an official Asian Efficiency product.
Asian Efficiency does not permit or license use of its trademarks or logos in connection with merchandise and other products, including, for example, any clothing, hats, mugs, dolls and toys, without a specific written agreement providing the terms under which such use would be permitted.
- Contact us with a detailed proposal if you would like to request an exception.
You may not:
- Use any of the Asian Efficiency trademarks, particularly the A+E Logo® or other logo or name on any apparel or merchandise without a written agreement with us.
Using the Asian Efficiency Marks in your Ad or Marketing Campaign
- Use the Asian Efficiency Logo® as a link to any Asian Efficiency site, in a manner that satisfies the other Guidelines.
You may not:
- Use the marks in a way that might imply an Asian Efficiency partnership with, or endorsement of, your product or business.
- Distort or alter the Asian Efficiency marks in any way.
- Use the marks in a way that confuses the Asian Efficiency brand with your brand or any other brand.
- Use Asian Efficiency slogans or copyrighted works in a manner that would suggest a relationship or commonality with Asian Efficiency.
- Use any Asian Efficiency mark in connection with any illegal activity.
Additional Affiliate Guidelines
If you are an Asian Efficiency affiliate:
- You may mention Asian Efficiency or discuss the brand, ideas and product concepts in your marketing materials (email, PDF reports) provided to prospects. You may NOT charge prospects or customers for these materials.
- You may not promote Asian Efficiency products in any manner that is dishonest, illegal or fraudulent. This includes mention of torrent downloads, file sharing hosts and piracy. This also includes using boilerplate text and substituting the product name with “Asian Efficiency” or “Asian Efficiency Premium”.
- If you are a ClickBank affiliate, you must comply with any and all of ClickBank’s terms of service guidelines for affiliates.
- You agree to turn over to Asian Efficiency Limited any products, domain names or other intellectual property that infringes on these Guidelines.
If you wish to find out more about the Asian Efficiency Affiliate Program (and to gain access to product samples and program support), please sign up here.
Attributing Ownership of the Asian Efficiency Trademarks
If you use any Asian Efficiency trademarks, you must provide attribution of Asian Efficiency Limited’s ownership of such dress and mark(s) by providing one of the following statements:
- “ASIAN EFFICIENCY®, ASIAN EFFICIENCY PREMIUM®, and the A+E LOGO® are trademarks of Asian Efficiency Limited and used under a licence.” – referencing the particular mark you use; or
- “*Used under licence from Asian Efficiency Limited.” (where the asterisk appears in proximity to Asian Efficiency’s trademarks).
Asian Efficiency Trademarks
Asian Efficiency Limited owns a number of trademarks and service marks which may be registered trademarks in the United States and other countries, including the marks listed below, along with our suggested generic terms for the marks we use to identify our intellectual property.
Trademarks in Your Country
Of course, these Guidelines are not exhaustive, and do not fully describe all of our rights or actions we are permitted to take under applicable laws, or certain permitted use of our marks that You may have under the laws in certain countries. You are responsible for confirming the laws applicable to your proposed usage.
We have adopted certain standards for presenting our logo, typographical elements and colours, which we require you to follow when using our marks. You may obtain those standards below.
Asian Efficiency Logos
For your convenience, we shall provide properly formatted Asian Efficiency logos on this page for your use, subject to the trademark Guidelines and licence terms on this page (which you agree to abide by as a condition to using them).
Full Asian Efficiency Logo
The A+E Logo
Conditions of Licence to Use Asian Efficiency Trademarks
If you elect to use Asian Efficiency’s trade dress or marks, we require you to comply with any applicable Guidelines set forth above and your use is subject to your agreement to be legally bound by the terms of our trademark licence, the terms of which are provided below. Of course, you need not agree to be bound by these licence terms, but if you do not agree, you do not have any right to use our trademarks in connection with your product or service. Your use of Asian Efficiency trademarks will be considered to be your acknowledgment of your agreement to these conditions, as we may update them from time to time:
- you will comply with all applicable Guidelines set forth above;
- Asian Efficiency owns any and all rights to Asian Efficiency’s trademark(s) and the substantial goodwill in those marks (including any additional goodwill that may accrue as a result of your use of our marks);
- the use or display of Asian Efficiency’s trademarks in connection with your application or other product shall not create any right, title or interest for you in or to the Asian Efficiency trademarks;
- Asian Efficiency shall have the sole right and discretion to bring legal or administrative proceedings to enforce its rights in its trademarks, including actions for trademark infringement or unfair competition proceedings;
- you agree not to, directly or indirectly, challenge Asian Efficiency’s use, ownership or registration of Asian Efficiency’s trademarks;
- you agree to provide Asian Efficiency, upon its request, with copies of your marketing materials and reasonable evidence that the quality of your product or service is consistent with industry standards;
- you may not sell, assign or otherwise transfer your limited licence to use the Asian Efficiency trademarks without Asian Efficiency’s express written consent; and
- you agree that Asian Efficiency assumes no liability to you or to any third party due to your use of any Asian Efficiency trademarks (which are provided “as is” and without any warranty or assurance they do not infringe another party’s rights), and you will indemnify and hold Asian Efficiency harmless against any losses, damages and expenses incurred in connection with any claim against Asian Efficiency arising from or relating to your use of such trademarks and/or your products or services; and
- you agree that this licence and any right to use Asian Efficiency trademarks terminates automatically upon your failure to comply with these licence terms.