Zack chats with Asian Efficiency’s resident email expert Mike Schmitz about checking email on your phone. We spend a lot time on our smart phones and far too much time processing email, and this episode will help you deal with it more efficiently. Learn how to boost your productivity with these email dos and don’ts as well as some great apps for processing email on your phone.
- The shocking amount of time people actually spend on their email every day
- The real impact that checking email first thing in the morning has on your productivity
- How the fear of missing out (FOMO) effects your email-checking habits
- Why you should fight the tendency to check email all the time
- How Mike was able to stop checking his email in the morning and the surprise impact it had
- What “just checks” are and how they add up to hours and hours on our phone everyday
- How we can unintentionally condition our brains to avoid deep work if we’re not careful (and what we can do about it)
- Why you should use pull instead of push notifications to do email on your terms
- Why email apps on your phone can be effective when used appropriately (and how to do it)
- Examples of things you can do when creating automated actions using email clients on iOS
- The mobile email apps we use at Asian Efficiency
- How to make mobile email processing fit in with your personal productivity system
- TPS16: Inbox Zero and Other Email Tactics to Spend Less Time in Your Inbox
- TPS76: 8 Best Practices for Email
- Productivity Blueprint
- Shawn Blanc
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Launch Center Pro
- Spark Mail
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.