How many times have you found yourself with a few minutes in the middle of the day, and you decide to “check social media” or hit up YouTube or watch TV and then next thing you know an hour is gone and you feel like the time has been totally wasted?
In this episode, we are going to be talking about Productive Power Breaks — things you can do in the gaps to still give you an important break, but leave you feeling energized, ready to take on the rest of the day, and with a sense that it’s been time well-spent.
Thanks to Gusto for supporting The Productivity Show. Gusto is offering our listeners 3 months free when you run your first payroll. Check out Gusto at Gusto.com/TPS.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top three productivity resources of the Asian Efficiency team [1:55]
- The idea of the “productive power break” and where it came from [3:11]
- Ways to get your blood flowing and get a big boost to your focus during your power breaks [6:30]
- How running a quick errand can help chip away at your todo list and give you a solid break [9:49]
- How Marmel uses a foam roller on her breaks to keep her relaxed and focused [13:29]
- The way to reduce overwhelm while taking a power break [14:06]
- How to integrate personal development into the little breaks throughout your day [18:02]
- Engage your brain! Use your breaks to stay sharp [20:32]
- Why Brooks’s mini OmniFocus reviews help make his breaks more efficient [22:03]
- Using those times for self-care [23:38]
- How to best utilize and remember these ideas in your workday [27:57]
- Speed Up by Slowing Down: Sleep Secrets to Boost Your Focus and Maximize Your Productivity (TPS214)
- Being Good At Your Job Is Not Enough For Growth: You Need To Create This Plan (TPS240)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.