Welcome to The Productivity Show, a podcast by Asian Efficiency, to help you maximize your productivity so you can get everything done without having to sacrifice your health, family and things that matter to you. We’ve helped tens of thousands of people save time, be happier, and become more productive.
What happens if you have your time, your energy, and your focus all nailed down, but you STILL can’t get started? Or if you do start, but making progress is way slower than you expected? The problem might be mental, not tactical.
In this episode we are going to talk about one of those mental factors that can get in the way of your productivity — mental blocks. We’re going to talk about the types of mental blocks, and how you can get around them or even turn them to your advantage.
Thanks to Indeed for supporting The Productivity Show. Indeed is offering our listeners a $75 credit at Indeed.com/tps.
Thanks to Blinkist for supporting The Productivity Show. Blinkist is offering our listeners a free 7-day trial and 25% off your new subscription. Go to Blinkist.com/tps to learn more.
Thanks to Everyplate for supporting The Productivity Show. Get 3 weeks of Everyplate meals for only $2.99 per meal by going to Everyplate.com and use the code TPS3.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:52]
- Why more focus and attention should be given to the internal factors in improving our productivity [6:15]
- Why many of the mental blocks we face can be improved through a simple reframing of the problem [7:16]
- The different types of mental blocks [10:21]
- How to know which mental blocks you have and which to focus on [17:57]
- How to uncover the causes of your mental blocks and why that is so important in dealing with them [20:22]
- The impact of our early work experiences and how they can follow us throughout our life [26:52]
- How to notice and capture the mental blocks that you can notice so you can work on them later [29:03]
- How you can reduce the power of your mental blocks [34:04]
- Transforming the mental blocks into productive behaviors [40:52]
The Seven Common Types Of Mental Blocks
- Self Doubt
- Fixed Mindset
- No Limits
- Tunnel Vision
- Ikea KLUBBSPORRE Ergonomic Pillow
- BenQ ScreenBar Plus
- Need to Prioritize? Here’s Our Favorite Tool That You Can Start Using Today (TPS315)
- Change Your Mind, Change Your Life: How a Growth Mindset Leads You to Your Ideal Future (TPS171)
- How to Beat Decision Fatigue: The Ultimate Guide
- Meditation for the Rest of Us: 10 Surprising Benefits from Making Mindfulness a Habit (TPS210)
- Achieving Next-Level Productivity Through Conative Understanding w/ David Kolbe (TPS197)
- The Algebra of Happiness: Notes on the Pursuit of Success, Love, and Meaning
- The New Corner Office
- The 5 Second Rule: Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.