Joe Buhlig is a technology guru, writer, and developer – and he’s back on the podcast to talk about his innovative ways to use OmniFocus, the task management software that we use at Asian Efficiency. Up your productivity and learn some advanced OmniFocus techniques in this episode.
- How many projects Joe actively manages at one time
- His auto-parsing system for quickly adding ideas into OmniFocus
- Why he has many single-action lists
- What he thinks about a two-context approach to Omnifocus
- The different contexts that Joe uses
- About energy-based contexts
- How he uses geo-fenced contexts
- What Perspectives in OmniFocus are and how Joe uses them
- His daily routine
- About the OmniFocus “hotspot” that he set up
- How he reviews his projects
- Joe’s OmniFocus setup and workflow
- The two-context approach
- Our blog post on “Clearing to Neutral”
- Übersicht + OmniFocus task widget
- hPDA (notecards)
- Joe’s OmniFocus hotspot
- Creating Launch Daemons on Mac (for auto-parsing OmniFocus items)
- OmniFocus auto-parser by Joe
- Free Productivity Workshop
Connect with Joe Buhlig
Screenshots from Joe Buhlig’s OmniFocus:
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
How Productive Are You?
Take our Productivity Quiz to find out. Learn the tactics and techniques that will work for you.