Erik Fisher hosts one of the most popular productivity podcasts in the world, and he is back on this show to discuss how he mastered the art of podcasting. From discovering your passion to honing your skills as an interviewer, we cover the many facets of being a podcast host in today’s media landscape.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send these updates.
- How Erik stumbled onto podcasts in 2005 and his journey to becoming one of the top productivity podcasters in the world
- The inside story on how Erik started his first podcast (a comedy show)
- The steps Erik used to improve his podcasting skills and what that did for the success of his podcast
- Why it is important as a podcaster to listen to other podcasts and improve your craft
- Why evergreen podcast content is so important for your podcast
- How to develop your skills as an interviewer and why it is so important to feel comfortable when talking to your guests
- Erik’s story of how deliberate practice helped him improve his podcasting skills (and how you can do the same)
- The important reason why you should use experiments in your podcast
- The positive byproducts of doing a podcast
- How to choose a unique angle for your show that is interesting to listeners
- TPS42: Working from Home w/ Erik Fisher
- Beyond the To Do List podcast
- Erik’s Pat Flynn interview
- Erik’s Zack Sexton podcast efficiency interview
- Mastery by Robert Greene
- Listen Money Matters podcast
- The Nerdist podcast
- Seth Godin
- Take the Stairs by Rory Vaden
- TPS31: Procrastinating on Purpose w/ Rory Vaden
- Rory Vaden on Beyond the To Do List
- TPS90: Become a Minimalist w/ Joshua Becker
- How to Launch & Automate a Successful Podcast – The Story of The Productivity Show
Book, tool, ritual
Connect with Erik Fisher
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Do You Want To Get Unstuck and Have More Time in Your Day?
Take this productivity quiz that has helped over 13,129 people get unstuck and create more time in their days. Don't let life be harder than it has to be.