Americans spend way too much time on email, and it’s breaking our creative flow and making us less productive. In this episode, we talk about the reasons why this is, and how you can break the cycle and spend more time out of your inbox taking action on the things that really matter.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send these updates.
- Why the corporate email culture is so unhealthy
- The amazing results people have been getting from our inbox zero challenge
- The real reasons people spend so much time in email (and how you change your mindset to escape your email)
- How to create more time to spend doing work that actually adds value to your business
- Why email often functions as a to-do list that other people can write on and how you can change this so you can be more intentional about your work
- The unconscious (and unproductive) behavior patterns that people fall in to when it comes to email
- How email breaks your flow and what you can do to stop your focus train from being derailed
- Thanh’s personal email horror stories
- How you can get people to communicate with you over email on your terms
- The Escape Your Email registration page
- The Simple Guide to Managing Your Email with the Asian Efficiency Email Workflow
- The Willpower Instinct
- TPS38: I Know Kung Fu w/ Patrick Hart
- Boomerang for Gmail
- Become More Productive with the Pomodoro Technique
- The Best Way to Handle Email on Your Mobile Device (Thanh’s article)
Receive Escape Your Email Updates
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Do You Want To Get Unstuck and Have More Time in Your Day?
Take this productivity quiz that has helped over 13,129 people get unstuck and create more time in their days. Don't let life be harder than it has to be.