Does it really take 10,000 hours to master a skill? In this episode, we debunk some common misconceptions and share 4 keys to establishing mastery more quickly using focused deep work. We explain the major benefits that come with doing deep work and give you practical tips for implementing it no matter how busy you are to help you achieve excellence in any area. Whether you want to master a specific skill, start a business, or pursue a side project and need to make the most of your limited time, this episode is for you.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- How the concept of mastery became so popular [1:43]
- Why the 10,000 rule concerning mastery isn’t really accurate and what you can do to achieve it even sooner [2:35]
- Why focused deep work is essential for mastery [5:09]
- How you can develop your focus muscle and master deep work just like any other skill [12:00]
- Why modern technology make it more difficult to perform deep work and what you can to overcome this [16:15]
- How deep work optimizes your performance and actually makes it easier to get your work done [19:36]
- The surprising ways that deep work actually increases your happiness and fulfillment [22:27]
- How consistently doing deep work can make you more economically valuable [25:45]
- How to leverage the compound effect to get more done in less time [28:48]
- The importance of developing a craftsman mindset in order to master any skill [30:57]
- Why pushing yourself to things that are difficult is way more fulfilling than not taking risks [38:19]
- How being consistent with your rituals can make your brain better and more efficient [41:58]
- How to develop a personal vision that attaches to your desired skill or goal [47:11]
- Why finding an accountability coach or person that pushes you to reach your goal is so important [49:58]
- How to Take Massive Action on Your Goals by Implementing the 12 Week Year Effectively (TPS138)
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- Grit by Angela Duckworth
- FREE Deep Work Presentation
- World Domination Summit
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Do You Want To Get Unstuck and Have More Time in Your Day?
Take this productivity quiz that has helped over 13,129 people get unstuck and create more time in their days. Don't let life be harder than it has to be.