Your ideal future is a lot closer than you might think. In this episode, Mike talks with entrepreneur and author Sean McCabe about how to create the future you’ve always dreamed of bu starting right where you’re at. Sean runs seanwes.com: a learning community for entrepreneurs looking to do fulfilling work. Sean is also the author of Overlap: Start a Business While Working a Full-Time Job. We go deep on several of the topics Sean covers in his book, including embracing an abundance mindset, why you can’t compromise when it comes to achieving your goals, and why Sean believes “Yes” is the most expensive word in the English language.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Why Sean made it his goal to help people reach financial freedom [1:23]
- How he defines the concept of “overlap” [3:14]
- Why so many people fall into the trap of the scarcity mindset [6:27]
- Why you should create goals that are outside of your current reality [10:30]
- How to identify what to say no to so that you can focus on the right things [14:56]
- Why yes and no are directional words, not emotional words [17:23]
- About the sabbaticals that he takes and gives his employees [19:46]
- Why it might not matter what you do as a side hustle because you can course correct [24:28]
- How you can start by teaching what you know [29:22]
- About the trifecta of making money from any pursuit [31:30]
- Why you should only sell your services at full value or for free, and never discount [34:31]
- How you attract what you project [39:39]
- Why you can do many things, but you should choose only one thing to share publicly [45:34]
- Overlap: Start a Business While Working a Full-Time Job
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
- Thinking Time: the Counterintuitive Approach to Growth (TPS162)
Connect with Sean McCabe
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
How Productive Are You?
Take our Productivity Quiz to find out. Learn the tactics and techniques that will work for you.