It can be difficult balancing close relationships with the important people in your life and your desire to get things done as efficiently as possible. What do you do when you have friends or family members who don’t share the same approach to getting things done? How can you win them over and convince them to implement new and better ways of doing things?
In this episode, Brooks and Mike talk about how you can walk the fine line of productivity evangelist with the people who are close to you without being pushy or damaging important relationships. They share 3 strategies for working productively with a spouse or significant other, tips for communicating and inspiring other family members and friends when you need to tread carefully in close relationships, and share several personal examples of how they’ve convinced the people close to them to prioritize productivity.
Thanks to Slack for supporting The Productivity Show. Slack: Where work happens. Go to http://slack.com to learn more.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Why you have to be careful when trying to convince family members to use new productivity techniques [1:57]
- 4 strategies for maximizing your chances of success when you are advocating for productivity with your spouse or significant other [7:00]
- Questions to ask your spouse during a family meeting [10:50]
- Why you can’t force your preferences on your significant other [16:37]
- Why clearly articulating the problem you are trying to solve helps you get on the same page [22:40]
- How patience can really help produce change in productivity within a household [28:42]
- Productivity in other family relationships, like Mom and Dad [39:22]
- Productivity tips you can use with your kids [43:07]
- The ONLY Way You Can Inspire Change in Others & Make Them More Productive (TPS204)
- Family scoreboard
- Thinking Time: the Counterintuitive Approach to Growth (TPS162)
- The 3 Things You Need to Maximize Your Productivity (TPS121)
- The Three Big Questions for a Frantic Family: A Leadership Fable About Restoring Sanity To The Most Important Organization In Your Life
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Do You Want To Get Unstuck and Have More Time in Your Day?
Take this productivity quiz that has helped over 13,129 people get unstuck and create more time in their days. Don't let life be harder than it has to be.