In today’s episode, we’ll be covering how you can conduct your own annual review. This has allowed Thanh and others on the team to achieve our goals, be happier and be more fulfilled in our lives. Unfortunately, it’s something that most people are not doing because there isn’t a lot of great information out there on this topic. That’s about to change and you’ll discover the 3 tools you need for your annual review, how it will help you achieve your goals, and the 8-step process for conducting your own annual review.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Brooks and Thanh’s top 3 productivity resources for this week [1:25]
- What you can get out of conducting your own annual review [5:00]
- The common mistakes that are made in conducting your own annual review [5:55]
- What a year-end review is and is not good for [8:24]
- The myriad benefits of keeping a journal, and how it helps in your annual review [10:32]
- How an accomplishment list can help your business, your workplace, and your personal life [17:21]
- Why it is crucial to keep the accomplishment list going, no matter how big or small the accomplishments [21:19]
- Why we should not dread the failure list [23:58]
- How to not make the same mistake twice [27:13]
- How to use these three tools to conduct your own annual review [28:21]
- Why you should write an extremely brief summary of your year in review [33:52]
- How you can still do an annual review despite not having these tools [36:42]
- The 5-Minute Journal
- How to Beat Your Brain and Conquer Cognitive Biases to Make Better Decisions (TPS152)
- How Journaling Can Make You 25% Happier (TPS154)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.