Working with others can provide a lot of challenges, and one challenge in particular is managing your calendar. How do you balance getting your deep work done, while at the same time collaborating with your teammates? And how do you do that in the most efficient, effective, and reliable way?
We’ll share our philosophies around team calendars, what has worked (and not worked!) for us, and some best practices for managing a team calendar, booking time with others, protecting your deep work time, and having everyone aligned and informed.
Thanks to HelloFresh for supporting The Productivity Show. HelloFresh is offering our listeners a total of $60 off, $20 off your first three boxes. Visit HelloFresh.com/tps60 and use the code TPS60.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- What Thanh and Asian Efficiency have found to be the best solution for them [7:00]
- The 6 procedures everyone needs to know when it comes to using a calendar [9:39]
- What makes these procedures so important, and why it’s extra important for remote teams [14:27]
- The pros and cons of booking meetings the “normal” way [16:30]
- How the more militant approach can help you avoid “calendar tetris” [26:52]
- How Asian Efficiency handles their calendars, and how it overcomes the challenges found in other systems [34:35]
- What makes Asian Efficiency’s daily huddle such a good “anchor” for scheduling meetings, and how Thanh uses this in conjunction with his own “meeting day” [37:38]
- Questions and tips about scheduling and calendars from Dojo members [49:58]
- It Doesn’t Have To Be Crazy At Work by Jason Fried & David Heinemeier Hanson
- Uniqlo HEATTECH Socks – Men / Women
- The Hybrid Calendar System That Will Help You Stay On Top Of Everything (TPS233)
- 3 Simple Steps to Help You Master Your Calendar (TPS198)
- 5 Tips to Master Your Calendar (TPS77)
- 6 Tips for Running More Effective Meetings (TPS195)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.