At the beginning of the year, we set personal goals, family goals and for some even business goals. At the end of the year, we evaluate our achievements and weed out what didn’t work versus what did work. You don’t need to wait 12 months to evaluate your goals. A mid-year check-in is as equally important as an annual review. In this episode, we’ll give you 5 important things to look out for when you’re doing your mid-year check-in.
Thanks to Gusto for supporting The Productivity Show. Gusto is offering our listeners 3 months free when you run your first payroll. Check out Gusto at Gusto.com/TPS.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- How long most people’s yearly goals last, and why a mid-year check-in is so important [4:11]
- Why it’s never too late to set your goals [5:26]
- What to do if your goals are no longer what you want or need [8:40]
- The importance of removing unnecessary goals [11:29]
- Why it’s much more efficient to set one goal at a time, even if you think you can do more [13:58]
- How to set better goals by figuring out where you are now and how best to measure it [16:20]
- Why setting more shorter goals is better than one big goal [23:20]
- The power of reflecting on your past experiences in going towards your goals, and knowing you can’t predict what roadblocks are in your future [29:30]
- Why you should keep your work and life goals separated [35:31]
- Nexstand Laptop Stand
- If You Focus On This, You’ll Make 2019 Your Best Year Yet (TPS228)
- How To Stick To Your Goals This Year And Every Year (TPS229)
- From Tim Ferris’s podcast: Jim Collins — A Rare Interview with a Reclusive Polymath (#361)
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months
- How to Take Massive Action on Your Goals by Implementing the 12 Week Year Effectively (TPS138)
- Speed Up by Slowing Down: Sleep Secrets to Boost Your Focus and Maximize Your Productivity (TPS214)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.