Benjamin Franklin once wrote:
“Do you value life? Then waste not time, for that is the stuff of which life is made.”
If you want to be more productive and efficient, to waste the least amount of life possible, there are a gazillion and a half ways to do that.
But you don’t need a gazillion ways. You just need a few simple and effective strategies to get you started.
5 Back To Basics Techniques
- Eat That Frog – do your most important task first
- Clearing to Neutral – bring everything back to an easy starting position after finishing your tasks
- Minimalist Luxury Lifestyle (MLL) – buy less stuff while paying more to get quality and longevity from items
- Timeboxing – focus your work with timed sessions
- Morning Ritual – have a routine that sets a positive tone for the rest of the day
The above five techniques are the few easy to use strategies that will produce results.
Challenge yourself to eat your frog every morning for a week. Then a month. Close all of your browser tabs and computer programs at the end of the day today. Remember MLL next time you are surfing Amazon. Set a timer when you find yourself being distracted or procrastinating on a task. Create a simple morning ritual for yourself.*
These basics are the small hinges that will open big doors in your life.
They will help you make the most of your time, your energy and your attention so you can get results. Then, when you ask yourself at the end of the day, week, month, “Has my short time been well spent?” you can confidently say, “Heck yes!”
The basics (applied consistently) will prevent you from wasting the stuff life is made of.
Memorize the basics. A silly sentence helped me.
Eat clear luxury boxes every morning.
Then apply the basics to your life as regularly as possible.**
If you want to learn more about the basics and how you can apply them to your life, consider signing up for the Asian Efficiency newsletter.
Then enjoy the coming holiday season. We look forward to keep you progressing on your goals next year.
* You don’t need the 43, 352 steps “experts” say you need to do to start your morning right. Drinking a glass of water might be enough for the moment.
** Bookmarking this page is an easy way you can set yourself up to review the videos whenever you need a refresher.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.