John Poelstra is obsessed with meetings, and for good reason. Meetings are responsible for billions of dollars in wasted productivity every month. John is on a mission to make meetings more effective, and he joins us on the podcast to talk about how you can make your meetings better.
- The real/hidden costs of poorly run meetings
- How to use the MAP acronym – Minutes, Agenda, and People – to run more effective meetings
- How to write great meeting minutes for meeting attendees
- How to answer the age-old question: Do you really need to have a meeting?
- Why you should start with an anticipated outcome and the benefit to the meeting
- Why you need to be more selective in the people you invite to a meeting
- How to keep a meeting from being derailed and becoming a waste of’ time
- Steps you can use to change your current company culture around meetings
- Tips & tricks for conducting productive virtual meetings
- Red Hat
- Productivityist – Mike Vardy
- TPS38: I Know Kung Fu w/ Patrick Hart
- The Productivityist Podcast 73: Cal Newport
Book, tool, ritual
Connect with John Poelstra:
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.