So you’re feeling fairly productive and then wham – a life change happens. It could be any number of things, but in today’s episode we are going to talk about one specific topic: being productive during illness or recovery.
I’m joined by Jennifer Lava and James Lott Jr., two professional organizers and productivity consultants who have unique experience in this area, which you’ll hear about. Let’s just say they know what they’re talking about.
Thanks to Gusto for supporting The Productivity Show. Gusto is offering our listeners 3 months free when you run your first payroll. Check out Gusto at Gusto.com/TPS.
Thanks also to Rhone for supporting The Productivity Show. Rhone is offering our listeners 20% off their first purchase. Visit Rhone.com/TPS and enter promo code TPS during checkout.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Why Brooks brought Jennifer and James on to talk about this topic [4:30]
- Why James believes you need to change what being productive means during illness or recovery [10:53]
- How Jennifer has changed her mindset to accept her circumstances and keep moving forward [12:47]
- Why the productivity tools Jennifer used before her chronic pain began became even more important [16:01]
- The importance of everything having its correct place in helping relieve stress and save energy [22:50]
- Why breaking your work down into chunks is always paramount in your productivity [32:33]
- Why self-care should be your first priority always when you are in illness or recovery [38:33]
- Jennifer’s advice on how to prioritize best in tough situations [43:02]
- The benefits of hiring a personal organizer, also known as a “personal trainer for your stuff” [49:27]
- Banana Holder Headphone Stand
- Rocketbook Everlast Reusable Smart Notebook
- Philosophy Skin Care Products
- Automate Your Life: How We Save Over 500 Hours/Year With 5 Time-Saving Techniques (TPS241)
Connect with Jennifer Lava and James Lott Jr.
- Jennifer Lava on Facebook
- The Super Organizer Universe
- James Lott Jr. on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.