When people talk about planning, usually they talk about planning your day, planning your week, or even your quarter or year. But what about higher-level strategic planning?
In this episode, we’re going to talk about making sure you are doing the right things and making sure that what you are doing is actually taking you where you want to go using the 5-step strategic planning we use ourselves.
Thanks to LinkedIn for supporting The Productivity Show. Go to LinkedIn.com/jobs to learn more about how LinkedIn can help you.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- This week’s top 3 productivity resources [2:15]
- Why strategic planning isn’t just for your boss [5:01]
- The importance of a distinct and clear vision in strategic planning [8:07]
- What you need to research to make your planning a success [16:04]
- The ideal outcome of the research process and what it will provide for you [23:52]
- The strategy of how to implement your ideas, and why knowing where you are is the best way to get started [29:51]
- Brooks’s and Thanh’s strategy development processes [40:26]
- Why the strategy planning matters so much when execution comes around [44:13]
- How to improve your execution as you go [48:01]
- What a review of your plan can do for you and your future [53:37]
- The Road Less Stupid
- Vital Proteins Matcha Collagen
- Ultralearning: Master Hard Skills, Outsmart the Competition, and Accelerate Your Career
- 3 Simple Steps To Win The Last Quarter Of The Year (TPS269)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.