Mike and Thanh explore the Asian Efficiency core values, how they came to them, and why they’ve changed over the years. They discuss the benefits of having core values for your personal life and your company, and how you can use core values to make decisions, hire new staff, and create a more productive work and home life.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- All about the “Mission to Mars” process Asian Efficiency uses for identifying our core values
- What core values really are and how they’re different from the things that you want
- How having personal core values will benefit every area of your life
- Why core values can be polarizing and how that can be a good thing
- What core values and successful relationships have in common
- How to make better decisions by using your core values
- The power of alignment and how it can be a force multiplier for organizational productivity
- How core values can help battle cognitive dissonance
- How we landed on the AE team Core Values and what they are
- Why we have the whole team do customer service
- Why you don’t want to frame your core values negatively
- Why we chose to remove a core value and replace it with something else
- What accountability really is (hint: it’s not just finding someone to blame when things go wrong)
- How to improve your hiring decisions using core values
- Key questions to ask yourself when discovering your own core values
- Why it can be beneficial to publish your core values instead of keeping them internal
- A writing exercise for finding your own core values
- Why having core values at all is more important than having the “right” ones
- Mike’s family’s core values graphic
- TPS66: The Asian Efficiency Core Values
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
- Ready, Fire, Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat
- TPS7: Going Paperless w/ Brooks Duncan
- Disc test
- Kolbe test
- TPS101: Lean Thinking w/ Paul Akers
- TPS78: Live a Minimalist Luxury Lifestyle w/ Thanh Pham
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
How Productive Are You?
Take our Productivity Quiz to find out. Learn the tactics and techniques that will work for you.