Do you find yourself wishing you had more time to devote to the things that are really important to you? Chances are it’s not actually a lack of time that’s the problem, it’s how you approach it. Join us as Brooks and Mike break down how to change your mindset so that you can plan and execute your perfect week. Implementing small tweaks to your weekly planning process can help you make significant steps towards your ideal future, and in this episode we’ll teach you 3 key steps to planning your perfect week, explain what tasks you should schedule on your calendar, and show you how to get back on track when things don’t go exactly according to plan.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Why you MUST schedule the things that you actually want to get done [1:33]
- The real reason why time (not money) is your most precious commodity [4:38]
- Visualization exercise you can use to picture your perfect week [5:47]
- Step-by-step exercise to execute your perfect week [11:43]
- Different ways to figure out what your are currently spending your time on [12:47]
- The importance of telling your time where to go and why every hour needs a job [17:29]
- Why you need to write down what you want to get done on your calendar [22:37]
- The reason why the most important things to you NEED to go on your calendar first [26:13]
- How Brooks implemented these strategies to start DocumentSnap while working a corporate job [30:36]
- Why scheduling “thinking time” in order to disconnect is so important [34:12]
- How to create time for personal development even when you are super-busy [39:36]
- What to do when things don’t go according to plan (hint: Don’t panic!) [43:00]
- Covey’s Time Management Quadrants
- Timing app
- SELF journal
- NeuYear Calendar
- TPS88: Deep Work w/ Cal Newport
- The 12 Week Year: Get More Done in 12 Weeks than Others Do in 12 Months
- Roger Bussel’s Poetry
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.