Do you ever feel like things are harder than they should be? Then today’s episode about conative productivity is for you. Mike is joined by David Kolbe, CEO of Kolbe Corp, who has lived and breathed the Kolbe Concept® since its inception. Today David joins us to talk about how making small adjustments based on conative insights can improve your productivity in all areas of your life. We dive deep on the Kolbe A assessment (which we’re BIG fans of here at AE), identify the cost that ignoring your conative M.O. has on your productivity, how you can use your M.O. to achieve greater productivity in your team or organization, and even how conative knowledge can improve your relationships.
Thanks to Weebly for supporting The Productivity Show. Go to weebly.com/tps to get 15% off your first purchase.
Editor’s Note: We apologize that the audio quality for David isn’t great. We did our best to clean it up. Fortunately, the information is still awesome.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- What Kolbe is and how the company started [3:00]
- Detailed explanation of the four action modes that are part of the Kolbe A Assessment [9:18]
- What the initiating and counteracting spectrum is all about [15:07]
- What the “followthrough” scale really means [24:27]
- An illustrative story about two family members with different ways of communicating [30:22]
- The conative strain that occurs when you work with people who have different strengths [39:39]
- Tips for overcoming the different types of conative stress [43:50]
- How to be an effective communicator and play to other people’s strengths [50:01]
- Using Kolbe scores in personal relationships [55:21]
- Conative families [1:03:07]
- Why using “ergs” of energy intentionally for work and other ones for hobbies helps you be more productive [1:09:34]
- Conative Connection: Uncovering the Link Between Who You Are and How You Perform
Connect with David Kolbe
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.