Do you have trouble focusing on one thing for any length of time? You’re not alone – in today’s crazy-busy society, we’ve become addicted to distraction. Today we’re going to show you how you can fight the urge to be always-on through establishing a mindfulness meditation habit. We talk about what mindfulness meditation is, how to do it effectively, the 10 major benefits that come from mindfulness meditation, and give you our recommended apps and tools to help you make it a habit. Whether you are a beginner or have been meditating for years, this episode will help you train your brain so it stays on what you tell it to focus on.
Thanks to LinkedIn for supporting The Productivity Show. Get $50 off your first job post at LinkedIn.com/TPS.
Thanks to Stamps.com for supporting The Productivity Show. Use the code TPS to get a 4-week trial offer by going to Stamps.com.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Exploring mindfulness meditation as someone who was initially resistant to the idea of doing it [2:31]
- Getting started with the simple process of meditating [7:56]
- How meditation helps you be more engaged in other things in your life [14:58]
- What to do when you’ve taken a break from meditation and want to get back into it [17:45]
- The 10 benefits of meditation [23:12]
- Why mindfulness meditation improves your mood and focus [29:22]
- How meditation makes you smarter by changing your physical brain [35:38]
- Meditation tools and apps that Mike and Brooks use [42:47]
- How to get started with a guided meditation [55:28]
- 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works–A True Story
- 10% Happier Podcast with Dan Harris
- How Journaling Can Make You 25% Happier (TPS154)
- “Self-reported mindfulness and cortisol during a Shamatha meditation retreat.”
- “Brief Mindfulness Training May Boost Test Scores, Working Memory”
- “From Ouch to Om, Meditation Reduces Pain”
- “Can meditation make you a more compassionate person?”
- “A low‐dose mindfulness intervention and recovery from work: Effects on psychological detachment, sleep quality, and sleep duration”
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business
- Back to Work Podcast
- Meditation Studio
- Insight Timer
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.