Whether you are working in an office or working from home, the environment you are in is either supporting or hurting your productivity – you just may not know it!
This episode is about designing your environment. We don’t mean whether your walls should be “Raspberry Truffle” or what size your baseboards should be — we mean setting up where you work and live so that you are able to get your best work done and be as productive as possible.
Thanks to Freshbooks for supporting The Productivity Show. Freshbooks is offering our listeners a free 30-day trial, no catch and no credit card required. Go to Freshbooks.com/tps and enter TPS in the “How did you hear about us” section to get started.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Brooks and Marmel’s top 3 productivity resources for this week [3:05]
- How Marmel has put today’s topic into immediate practice during recording [6:10]
- The productivity boost of having a well-curated workspace [9:53]
- How Brooks and Marmel have made difficult corporate workspaces in the past work for them [13:36]
- Why “a cluttered desk makes a cluttered mind” [18:06]
- What to do if you need to use one space for many different contexts [30:32]
- How to minimize digital distractions [33:51]
- The power of friction [38:05]
- Keep a recurring time to declutter your space [48:06]
- Visit a City
- Contigo AUTOSEAL West Loop Stainless Steel Travel Mug
- Portable Bidet
- Atomic Habits: 4 Laws for Changing Your Identity & Living the Life You Want w/ James Clear (TPS217)
- 7 Keys to Setting Up Your Home Office for Maximum Productivity (TPS202)
- 57 Secrets for Organizing Your Small Business
- post-it note Twitter thread
- The One Habit That Stops Procrastination In Its Tracks: Clearing To Neutral
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.