The perfect storm has finally happened. Many of us are working from home whether we want to be or not, and if that wasn’t complicated enough, if we have family members, they’re stuck at home too!
If you are working from home with kids, you’ll know how hard it is to get your work done AND keep them from going feral AND keep them from playing video games or watching Youtube 12 hours a day.
If you DON’T have kids, chances are you’re working with people who are going through this.
Many of us here on the AE team is in this situation, so in this episode, we will be sharing what we and members of the community have been doing and what works for us to get things done with kids at home.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [2:13]
- How to create a fun learning environment for your kids at home [7:19]
- What activity stations can do to help delineate activities and tasks for kids [14:16]
- Creating a routine for you and your kids [17:40]
- How to use visual cues to minimize interruptions [28:47]
- Why we need to make sure we have compassion for ourselves and for our family in this time [33:03]
- Why communicating your schedule effectively with others can alleviate a lot of issues [39:17]
- Wired In
- Productive At Home
- Brooks’ Family Kanban Board
- Children interrupts BBC News interview
- Simple Strategies To Find Time to Parent Without Feeling Guilty w/ Julie Morgenstern (TPS232)
- Khan Academy
- TPS47: 13 Productive Parenting Hacks
- Dojo member: Meghan McInerny’s Red/Yellow/Green paper for signaling her deep work time
- Dojo member: Meghan McInerny’s Kanban for Kids
- Check out this automated “Dad’s on a call” sign with LEDs and controlled by a Telegram bot
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.