Today I’m joined by Tiago Forte, founder of Forte Labs and the creator of Building A Second Brain. It’s a system he developed for organizing ideas and information to help people become more productive and creative. If you’re a knowledge worker and want to be more efficient and organized, then you’re going to love today’s episode.
We’re also going to host a live webinar together on the topic of Building a Second Brain a few days from now and you can sign up for it here at theproductivityshow.com/brain
Thanks to ExpressVPN for supporting The Productivity Show. ExpressVPN is offering our listeners an extra 3 months free on a one year package. Go to ExpressVPN.com/tps to learn more.
Thanks to Raycon for supporting The Productivity Show. Raycon is offering our listeners 15% off their wireless earbuds at Raycon.com/tps.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- Tiago’s top 3 productivity resources [2:23]
- How Tiago developed the ‘second brain’ system [5:36]
- What the second brain system is and how to build your own [10:50]
- How Tiago’s system addresses the dreaded pile of information and files [17:23]
- What you can put into practice today with the PARA system [26:49]
- What you can do if you’re “totally new” to productivity [32:38]
- Why David Allen’s GTD system and Tiago’s second brain are ‘twins’ [35:11]
- Tiago’s weekly routine and how it keeps him productive in his own life [38:31]
- Hours Tracker
- Breaking Smart Newsletter
- The PARA Method: A Universal System for Organizing Digital Information
- The One-Touch Guide to Doing a Weekly Review: How I Go From Chaos to Clarity in 30 Minutes
- Asian Efficiency and Tiago Forte Joint Training
Connect with Tiago Forte
- Subscribe to Tiago’s newsletter here and receive ‘7 Lessons Before You Build A Second Brain’ FREE
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
Discover the 1 Lifehack of Highly Successful People
This one lifehack led to the biggest breakthrough of my career. People like Steve Jobs and Oprah have used it to catapult their success, and now you can too.