Being productive at home can be a challenge when you don’t have the right tools.
By “tools”, we are talking about your physical gear – things like desks, chairs, technology, AND digital tools – things like desktop & mobile apps.
Like any job, we think the tools you use can make working from home easier and more productive, and in this episode, we are going to share 8 physical and digital tools that we love. We’ve been working from home for more than a decade each, so we’ve tried it all and you’re going to get our top recommendations.
Thanks to ExpressVPN for supporting The Productivity Show. ExpressVPN is offering our listeners an extra 3 months free on a one year package. Go to ExpressVPN.com/tps to learn more.
Thanks to Azlo for supporting The Productivity Show. Azlo is offering our listeners Sign up today with no minimum deposit at Azlo.com/tps and get a free copy of Azlo’s small business starter guide.
Thanks to Raycon for supporting The Productivity Show. Raycon is offering our listeners 15% off their wireless earbuds at BuyRaycon.com/tps.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [3:09]
- Why Brooks and Thanh wanted to talk about work-from-home tools on this episode [6:44]
- What are some of the biggest changes they have made in their setups to increase productivity [8:33]
- The top physical tools that can help to work from home be more productive [14:56]
- Thanh’s top advice for laptop users who work from home [22:34]
- How Brooks and Thanh streamline some of their most-used computer functions [26:22]
- How an anti-fatigue mat can make working at a standing desk even better [30:37]
- The power of the purse hook for workspace organization [35:00]
- Why getting reminders to take a break and stay hydrated is so important when working from home [39:16]
- How Thanh streamlined his screen sharing [41:24]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [44:40]
- Elgato Stream Deck
- Anker Powerwave Stand Wireless Charger
- Check out Brooks’ and Thanh’s old work from home desks
- Bose QC25
- Join the Work From Home webinar here!
- Our complete guide to physical and digital tools that can supercharge your productivity at home
- Logitech C920
- Logitech Brio
- Logitech K750
- Logitech MX Master
- iQunix F96 Coral keyboard
- Webcam Settings (mac)
- Check out this open-source webcam settings solution for Windows
- Anti Fatigue Comfort Floor Mat By Sky Mats
- Topo Comfort Mat by Ergodriven
- Topo Mini Floor Mat
- Purse Hooks
- Cloud app
- Zappy (Zapier)
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.