How do you prioritize your projects? How do you know which project to work on first and ignore everything else? It’s not as simple as it sounds. Today we’re going to show you how we prioritize projects at Asian Efficiency using a tool called the ICE Matrix. It’s what we use for our annual goals and quarterly goals to figure out what the most important project is to focus on. You can apply this on a company level but also on a personal level. So if you want to get better at prioritizing, then this episode is for you.
Thanks to Raycon for supporting The Productivity Show. Raycon is offering our listeners 15% off their wireless earbuds at BuyRaycon.com/tps.
Thanks to Masterclass for supporting The Productivity Show. Masterclass is offering our listeners 15% off your annual all-access pass at Masterclass.com/tps.
Thanks to Blinkist for supporting The Productivity Show. Blinkist is offering our listeners a free 7-day trial and 25% off your new subscription. Go to Blinkist.com/tps to learn more.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send the updates by entering your first name and email.
- The top 3 productivity resources for this week [3:49]
- Why you need to start prioritizing your goals [6:55]
- What the ICE Matrix is and how you can use it to better align your goals with your actions [11:57]
- One way to implement the ICE Matrix on your goals today [13:29]
- How the ICE Matrix helps you prioritize for the most impactful projects [24:08]
- How to use the ICE Matrix in a team setting [26:19]
- Why having a goal in mind before trying this method can greatly help its efficacy [32:12]
- How Marmel has used ICE in her personal life and her own business [34:08]
- Why scoring should be done both individually and privately, and how it can affect the scoring as a team [37:34]
- When you should be reprioritizing and why it’s more often than you might think [41:03]
- Action steps you can take to integrate today’s topic into your life [45:25]
- Our 3 Biggest Challenges of Implementing Scrum & How We Overcame Them (TPS191)
- How to Prioritize Your Todo List With A Sheet of Paper
- reMarkable 2
- Grammarly Mobile Keyboard app for iOS and Android
- Mi Home – Android / iOS
- Join the DTDT call on Putting the ICE Matrix into Practice on Tuesday, September 8 at 1pm Central
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.