Zack chats with Asian Efficiency team member Mike Schmitz, who has tried out the Apple Watch and shares how to use the watch to increase productivity. They also discuss the best apps for the Apple Watch, and what not to use it for.
- How Mike ordered his Apple Watch the first day they became available.
- The health tracking that the watch can do.
- The comfort level of the Apple Watch.
- How the watch reminds you to stand up and walk around every hour.
- How to prune the number of notifications that you get on your watch in order to keep your focus.
- What glances are and how they can increase productivity.
- Tip: Glances are great as long as you only pick a few of them.
- Why the Apple Watch does a few things well and isn’t intended to do everything.
- Why Mike doesn’t use email notifications on his watch.
- The things that are missing from the Apple Watch.
- Why apple pay is amazing!
- How the maps app works.
- Apple Watch
- Sense (Hello.is)
- Asian Efficiency blog post on the Workflow app for iOS
- Mike’s running belt
Best Native & 3rd Party Apple Watch Apps:
- Native: (see them in action here)
- Workout app
- Watch app
- Reminders app
- Maps app
- Camera app
- 3rd Party:
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.