Asian Efficiency team members Zack and Thanh discuss the key differences between habits and rituals. From brushing teeth to working out, you’ll learn how putting systems in place, writing things down, and not relying on willpower can help you create powerful rituals for your life.
- Why Thanh’s rituals are non-negotiable, no matter what happens
- What sleep debt is and why you should do everything you can to avoid it
- The three key reasons rituals are better than habits
- How triggers work and how you can leverage them to follow through on your rituals
- Why the vague nature of habits makes them harder to stick
- How ambiguity is the arch-enemy of action and how you can overcome it
- How creating a backup plan can help you make sure you follow-through with your rituals
- Why people are so good at lying to themselves and how to combat this
- How writing down the steps you need to take will make it more likely that you achieve that action
- How the systems framework of rituals makes them more effective than habits
- How a step-by-step approach will make it much easier for you to get things done
- Why Thanh doesn’t rely on willpower (and what he does instead)
- Morning Ritual Starter Kit
- TPS54: Rituals Over Habits
- How to Stick to your Morning Ritual
- 3 Ways Rituals are Difference from Habits
- Grand prize: ProteusFactor
- Second prize: danielwroberson
- Third prize: fitnowork, jcp543, Dsker42, robertjtighe, Thomastsai92
Because we only have your iTunes name, please email us at [email protected] to claim your prize. Note that additional verification may be required.
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!