Joshua Becker leads a minimalist lifestyle with his family, and blogs about it on becomingminimalist.com. He is the author of the new book The More of Less, and in this episode we chat about how minimalism allows for more, how to start the decluttering process, and debunking myths about minimalism.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send these updates.
- Why minimalism can be a controversial word and what it actually means
- Why organizing is never a permanent fix and what you can do to reclaim your sanity instead
- Why minimalism actually gives people a license to to own nicer things (the minimalist luxury lifestyle)
- The different benefits of minimalism that can be adapted to help you meet your own goals
- How you can overcome the procrastination associated with starting the decluttering process
- How to use a system to declutter and get rid of stuff that you don’t really want or need
- How and why Joshua moved into a smaller home with a family and what his experience has been
- Why finding your “why” is so important if you’re thinking about embracing minimalism
- How to overcome the assumptions around how much stuff you need to own and redefine what you really need
- The value of experimenting and finding a minimalist lifestyle that works for your specific situation
- The More of Less
- Becoming Minimalist
- TPS78: Live a Minimalist Luxury Lifestyle w/ Thanh Pham
- TPS69: Journaling w/ Kendra Wright
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- TPS05: Organization w/ Daron Bos
Book, tool, ritual
Connect with Joshua Becker
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!