Alistair Clark is a former management consultant and current founder of Work. Life. Fitness. He helps overworked professionals create a competitive advantage at work using fitness, productivity and lifestyle strategies. We chat today about creating systems that will help you keep a balance between work and life.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send these updates.
- How management consulting killed his work-life balance (and what he did to fix this)
- Travel hacks for staying healthy on the road (including the 3 things Alistair brings to make sure he can get a good workout in no matter where he ends up staying)
- Healthy eating & nutrition tips for when you are on the road
- Simple but effective bodyweight workouts you can do just about anywhere
- The difference between high-intensity training and interval training (and how to implement it effectively)
- Why it doesn’t really matter what exercises you decide to use for your workout (and the important principle that produces results)
- How to avoid the “all-you-can-work buffet” and how you can build up barriers to protect areas of your life from being taken over by work
- How staying in touch with family can help you establish a work-life balance system
- How his life-checklist system works and the “buckets” he uses to make sure he’s consistently taking action on his goals
- The motivational power of using checklists and how Alistair uses his own “Life Checklist”
- Why sometimes your body needs to take break and stop consuming information
- The Four Hour Body
- Body by Science
- TPS13: Jeff Sanders
- Checklist Manifesto
- The One Thing
Book, tool, ritual
Book: On the Shortness of Life: Life Is Long if You Know How to Use It
Tool: Productivity Planner
Ritual: Daily journaling
Connect with Alistair Clark
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!