This is part 2 of our conversation on the 80/20 rule with Tim Francis. If you missed part 1, visit theproductivityshow.com/118, where we covered the 5 levels of 80/20.
In this episode, we talk about how businesses have used the 80/20 rule to create exponential growth. Tim and Thanh take us through real world examples of successful business, and talk about how they are each using the 80/20 rule for their own business.
Get Podcast Updates
Do you want to get an email with shownotes each time a podcast goes live? Then let us know where to send these updates.
- How Thanh has implemented the 80/20 rule to grow Asian Efficiency to where it is today
- Why it’s OK (and even important) to spend a lot of time on the lower levels of 80/20
- Why you can’t cheat the process when trying to grow your business
- The big takeaways Tim received from going to a $10,000 conference with Richard Koch
- The two strategies successful companies use to effectively to grow exponentially
- How to use price simplification in the information business
- How Michael Dell used price simplification to create a “star business” by streamlining distribution methods
- How Apple utilized the proposition simplification approach to become the most valuable company in the world
- How Tim personally used the proposition simplification method to create his business that matches CEOs with executive assistants
- The three questions you must ask to leverage proposition simplification in your own business
- How super successful businesses like Amazon, Uber, and Airbnb managed to utilize BOTH price simplification AND proposition simplification
- The importance of making things easier, more valuable, and more aesthetically pleasing (and how to turn that added value into increased prices for your product or service)
- 5 Ways to Apply the 80/20 Rule To Free Up 2+ Hours A Week (TPS118)
- Tim’s video on the 5 Levels of 80/20
- Profit Factory: About Tim Francis
- Kolbe Test
- Richard Koch
- The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Working Less and Making More
Connect with Tim Francis
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Sticher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.