Mike is team iOS, arguing that this platform is superior for getting things done with ease, mobility, and focus. Thanh represents team Mac, making the case that laptops and desktops are far better at getting important things done in less time and with more automation. Listen in and decide for yourself which platform is best for your productivity needs.
- The advances in iOS technology that have leveled the playing field when choosing what platform to use
- Why improvements in mobile technology have opened up doors for getting work done on the go
- What you can do with the increased screen real estate when using a second monitor
- How the constraints of iOS can actually provide a better environment for some tasks like writing
- The benefits of iOS for single-tasking and how you can recreate this on the desktop
- The travel benefits of iOS and the flexibility offered for people who move around a lot while working
- How the increased battery life in iOS devices eliminates friction and allows you to work on your own terms
- Why Thanh thinks Mike needs to hit the gym more and quit whining about how heavy his MacBook is
- The benefits of having an always-on cellular connection on your iOS device (and how to mimic this on your MacBook)
- Why you might want to use a VPN when connecting to a wifi network
- The automation and systems benefits of using macOS and what the iOS equivalents are
- Clearing the backlog after coming back from vacation
- How to determine what your time is worth (and why Thanh uses his Mac to get his work done as quickly as possible)
- 9to5Mac article
- Keyboard Maestro
- SixColors.com re: podcasting
- Ferrite for iOS
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!