Today we are talking about getting up early – a polarizing topic and one that we’ve discussed a lot with our community lately. Thanh and Mike share 8 strategies for getting up early, finding the motivation to get up earlier, and things you should avoid when you do get up ahead of the sun.
- Why you should consider becoming a morning person
- Why the most successful CEOs all get up early
- Why getting up early can be very beneficial and the science behind it
- The increases in willpower you will have when you start to get up earlier
- Why each hour is not worth the same and how to leverage “time arbitrage”
- Practical tips for to help you transition into waking up earlier regardless of your chronotype
- How to figure out how much sleep you actually need (it’s probably more than you think)
- The importance of “eating your frog” and how it can set your entire day up for success
- How to craft your own morning routine
- How to get over the fact that it’s still dark outside and dominate your day
- Why making a schedule and to-do list the night before will allow you to hit the ground running int he morning
- How the motivation behind getting up earlier and knowing why you want to get up earlier will help make it sticky
- Things you should avoid when you do start waking up early
- The 3 Things You Need to Maximize Your Productivity (TPS121)
- “What time do top CEOs wake up?” Guardian article
- The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure
- Eat That Frog!
- f.lux app
- Morning Ritual Starter Kit
If you enjoyed this episode, subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show gain exposure. You can also leave a review! Here’s how.
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, Pocket Casts or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!
Thanks for this episode – I’m following this podcast a few months but i never commented here.
I agree what waking up early is a good thing, but is so hard to beginning. I had to start waking up earlier because the kids school, i guess it is so hard to start alone. (i mean without reasons to do)
I’ll use your tips and after study the materials of the Show Notes i hope that i can waking up more earlier and become a “morning person”.
Best regards and again thanks for this episode.
Thanks for this episode – it was a good refresher of things I have started to do in the past & then got a bit lost on during the holidays. I think I need to pay more attention to my evening routine so that my morning routine run more smoothly, especially with the screen off time and going to bed early enough so I get enough sleep. This is exactly what I was thinking about late last night when I was slouched on the couch watching mindless TV, so hearing this podcast today has cemented it in that I have to make these changes.